This is not your normal girlie, pedestrian quiche that most people try and cook, this is a man’s quiche, it’s got balls, in fact it’s got fiery balls and kicks like a mule. So put your man pants on and cook this beauty to impress your friends and show them that a quiche doesn’t have to have a girls name or even feature spinach.
What to put in:
- 2 sheets of frozen short crust pastry. (I can’t be bothered making my own)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 onions sliced.
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Taco seasoning or Mexican seasoning.
- Pinch of smoked paprika. (Don’t go overboard with the paprika as it can quickly start to taste like dead granddads arm chair)
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapenos. I use Old Elpaso
- ½ cup of frozen corn
- 4 strips of Sanitarium bacon style Rashers roughly chopped.
- 4 free range eggs.
- 300 mil of low fat milk
- 4 spring onions
- Bunch fresh coriander roughly chopped stems and all. ( if you don’t like coriander then we can’t be friends… or just use parsley instead)
- 50 g Grated Parmesan cheese.
- 100g Grated cheddar cheese.
Grease a quiche or pie dish with butter and lay the pastry over so it covers the base, the sides and little overlaps the edges. Throw the rest to the chickens, they love that stuff.
Beat the eggs with the milk and then add some salt, the grated parmesan, the spring onions and coriander and mix well.
Bake for 50 or so minutes. Serve warm or cold.