Inspired by book, Find Your Creative Mojo, each fortnight I chat with Barry Nichols on ABC Radio Perth about everything to do with creativity,
I chatted to Barry about the difference between creativity and self expression.
I discuss a few ways to find your creative mojo in the book, but here’s one I shared with Barry.
- Write down all the things you would like to do but for whatever reason you don’t.
- Think about what it would be like to do them. Don’t edit yourself… just daydream away.
- Feel what it’s like and notice it. That’s all you have to do.
- It’s always a great idea to go out and get some inspiration. Visit art galleries, walk about the block, watch random people from your favourite cafe, visit places you’ve never been….
Photography Comps and workshops
- Australian Photography Awards
- Head On Photo Awards
- Dardanup Art Spectacular (photo category) Open now for submissions
- Portrait Inspiration Weekend Workshop at Bunker Gallery
About the Portrait Inspiration Weekend Workshop: If you love portrait photography and are looking for something to inspire and energise your vision, then you cannot afford to miss this weekend. Come and join seven of Perth’s most creative and inspiring portrait photographers for an unforgettable weekend devoted to the variety and diversity in the genre. The “Portrait Inspiration Weekend” is designed to educate, motivate and inspire!
Whether you’re a beginner or a serious photographer, there will be many tips, techniques and lessons to be picked up: from creative lighting to conceptualising a portrait shoot, from storytelling to editing — this weekend will be packed with information, advice and inspiration! Book here: Portrait Inspiration Weekend Workshop at Bunker Gallery
One of the amazing presenters is Jennifer Smith, who takes dreamy and soulful portraits of kids. See more of her incredible work at Cucumber Walrus
- Dardanup Art Spectacular (art category) open now for submissions
- Artists Open Studios City of Stirling.
Check out these 10 FREE Creative online Courses.