Josh is available to speak in person or via Skype (for schools outside of Western Australia) Contact Josh directly the inquire about cost and availability.
Talks and presentations include:
A Writers Life
Award winning author and illustrator, Josh Langley is available to come to your school and talk about his writing career. Suitable Year 7 to 12.
- How he started writing and illustrating.
- How he got published.
- What it’s like to win a national award.
- How the publishing industry works.
- How to work an author platform.
- Questions and Answers.
How to Write a Children’s Picture Book
Josh Langley takes the students behind the scenes and shows them what it’s like to create an award winning children’s picture book.
- Where did the idea come from?
- The writing and illustration process.
- The editing process.
- Publication, promotion, reviews and media
- Questions and Answers
Josh discusses his troubled upbringing and how he overcame failing high school and being unemployed to become an award winning radio copywriter and children’s author.
- Josh’s upbringing
- Failing high school is not the end.
- Different career paths for different people.
- Importance of mental and emotional well-being.
- How to be your own best friend.
Picture Book Year 7 and 8 Curriculum
His award winning It’s OK It’s OK to Feel The Way Way, is being used as part of the English curriculum for year 7 and 8 students at Sydney Girls School and is now available across Australia.
Year 7 and 8 English Curriculum aspect for Picture Books includes.
- Teacher resources and lesson plan
- A copy of It’s OK to Feel the Way You Do
- Skype Call with Josh (45 minutes) , where he can judge the winners of the drawing exercise, talk about his life as a author, provide insights into the publishing industry and answer pre-prepared questions from students.
- Cost: $330
To inquire about book Josh for a skype package for your year 7 or 8 class, contact Josh directly
Ph: 0417 942 232 or email josh (at) outsidecreative.com.au
or he can be booked through Creative Net Speakers Agency.