Welcome to part 2 of my special 2 part series on parenting.
So what do I know about parenting? Nothing, so I’m asking parenting coaches and mentors for their insights. I chatted with Lillian Reekie who teaches the Nurtured Heart Approach to Parenting.
TW: We do discuss suicide at around the 40-minute mark, so if that is it too triggering for you, skip that part.
- What led Lillian to become a parenting strategist.
- How the birth of her second son threw the family into chaos.
- At the age of 3 her son was asked to be taken out of 6 childcare centres and then diagnosed with ODD, ADHD and childhood depression.
- Lillian recounts the traumatic primary and high school days of her son. • How a shift to a Steiner School worked out better, until it shut down.
- How her son didn’t fit into the conventional school system and got into further trouble.
- The dramatic moment things started to turn around.
- Why Lillian went in search of a parenting mentor.
- The incredible story of who they found.
- The power of words and the energy behind the words.
- What is upside down parenting?
- What is the Nurtured Heart Approach and why is it so powerful?
- The 3 key aspects (Stands) to changing behaviour.
- Setting boundaries and outlining consequences.
- The importance of modelling behaviour.
- How the Nurtured heart approach has improved overall relationships
- How Lillian’s oldest son attempted to take his own life and the deeper reasons why.
- What lights Lillian up?
More about Lillian. Lillian Reekie is a Parenting Strategist and a Nurtured Heart Approach Trainer. https://parentsupportnetwork.com.au/