Mental and emotional well-being for kids
Josh has presented his workshops to over 45 primary schools, inspiring thousands of kids along the way with his funny and engaging delivery style. The workshops can easily be integrated into the school curriculum under the health and well being headings.
While he loves doing the school visits in person, (so he can show off his quirky dancing) Josh now has added a Skype visit option designed for schools further afield in WA and other states including SA, NT, Vic, NSW, Qld and Tasmania. (see below)
Josh’s workshops are engaging, entertaining and humorous. He addresses key issues at a level appropriate to the student’s ages, providing sound advice and tips for dealing with life’s big issues. We loved the quote “practice makes progress” and intend to make this a whole primary focus for the next term. We are looking forward to inviting Josh back.”. – Kim Luk (Director of Positive Education) Geraldton Grammar
Option 1. – Physical Incursion
The workshops bring to life the key messages of each book in a fun and memorable way.
1. Kid’s self acceptance workshop based on the book Being You is Enough:
Topics covered: personal identity, positive self esteem, resilience, emotional and physical wellbeing, creativity and imagination, coping with social and emotional changes as you grow up, Empathy and respect, positive self talk, seeking appropriate support
- Ages: Y1 to Y6
- Duration: 50 minutes
- Interactive discussion
- Drawing and creativity exercise.
2. Kid’s emotional wellbeing workshop based on the book It’s Ok to Feel the Way You Do:
Topics covered: Understanding and recognising key emotions and feelings (anger, anxiety, sadness, loneliness, pride, fear, happiness) and learning to be comfortable with those emotions and providing simple strategies on how to cope them.
- Ages: Y1 to Y6
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Fun and engaging Interactive discussion about emotions
- Acting / Charades
- Drawing activity.
3. A WRITERS LIFE
Award winning author and illustrator, Josh Langley is available to come to your school and talk about writing picture books.
- Ages: Y3 to 6
- How he started writing and illustrating.
- How he got published.
- What it’s like to win a national award.
- Read from his books.
- Questions and Answers.
Whole school day (Max 5 sessions) $650
2 sessions $450
1 session $300
Weekly school rate (max. 5 days – up to 4 sessions per day) $2500
I live near Bunbury, Western Australia so I can usually visit schools within a one day drive. Schools are responsible for my speaking fee, travel expenses, and when an overnight stay is necessary, for accommodation. If you have a tight budget, you can split my fee with another school to cut down on costs. For example, if the schools are close together I can do morning presentations at one and go to the other in the afternoon.
Signed copies of my books are available to buy for students and can be used for a fundraiser for the school’s P&F. Schools or the P&F can buy the books at $15 each and on sell to parents at $20 and use the difference for fundraising.
Option 2: Skype Incursion + Lesson Plans
1. Kid’s self acceptance lesson package based on the book Being You is Enough:
Skype package includes:
- Teacher Notes and Lesson Plan.
- A copy of Being You is Enough (more can be purchased)
- A Skype Call (45 minutes) where students can present finished projects / Josh will talk about the importance of key aspects of self acceptance, talk about his writing career and take pre prepared questions from the students.
- Cost: $330
2. Kid’s emotional wellbeing lesson package based on the book It’s Ok to Feel the Way You Do:
Skype package includes:
- Teacher Notes and Lesson Plan
- A copy of It’s OK to Feel The Way You Do (more can be purchased)
- A Skype Call (45 minutes) where students can present finished projects / Josh will talk about the importance of key aspects of Emotional Wellbeing, talk about his writing career and take pre prepared questions from the students.
- Cost: $330.
To inquire about any of the above workshops or skype packages, contact Josh directly
Ph: 0417 942 232
Email: Josh (at) outsidecreative.com.au or he can be booked through Creative Net Speakers Agency.